Have you every wondered how to go about getting ideas for your next remodeling project? We get these kinds of questions from time to time from our clients and prospective clients and thought it would be good to blog about this topic. It sometimes helps when a client has a basic idea of what they are looking for (and not looking for, for that matter as well!)
Below are 5 ideas that will get your brain going to figure out what you are looking for:
- Find a licensed, experienced, contractor in your area who specializes in the remodeling project you are looking at doing. A professional contractor will come out to your home and offer ideas and learn more about your space.
- Go to your local big box home improvement store to see what kind of new trends are in home remodeling, design, and accessories. Doing this will help you find out what you want, and especially might help you see what you do not want. Don’t forget your tape measure!
- Ask your family and friends for recommendations of who they have used if they had a good experience. You might also be able to get ideas from how they recently did their remodeling project.
- Photos online are a good way to gather ideas, especially social media. Pinterest, Facebook, and Houzz are really great to find photos for home remodeling projects.
- Most metropolitan cities have home remodeling trade shows on a regular basis. These shows are open to the public and you can check out their latest trends and designs for your home.
So there you have it! Even doing just a few of the ideas above will give you a good road map to figure out what you want for your next home remodeling project!
p.s. Feel free to browser our gallery of example work below, and see what some of our happy customers have been saying about Factory Direct!